Nimble Osteopathy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Nimble Osteopathy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 26th April 2018.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT
When you supply your personal details to Nimble Osteopathy they are stored and processed for four reasons:
- We need to collect personal information about you and your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment
- We have a legitimate interest in collecting that information, because without it, we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes legitimate interest, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general information* in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will store your details indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records and data are stored:
- On paper, in locked filing cabinets in our office, within a secure building. Unauthorised persons do not have access to the keys.
- On our office computers. These are password protected, backed up regularly and the office is locked out of office hours.
- Electronically (in the cloud) using an online booking system called Shedul.com. The booking system holds your: name, date of birth, contact telephone and email address. As Shedul.com is based in the US, this does mean your data may be stored on their servers overseas. However Shedul.com have assured us that they never access, share or sell your data. Access to this data is password protected. Further information regarding Sheldul.com and their commitment to GDPR can be found here.
- We also use Mailchimp to coordinate our marketing email messages, so your name, date of birth and email address may be stored on their server (overseas). This provider has assured me that they are GDPR compliant and do not sell your data to third parties. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time by following the link at the bottom of the email or contacting me directly.
We may also collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people will have routine access to your data:
– The practitioner(s) at Nimble Osteopathy, in order that they can provide you with treatment
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to the data controller.
Here are the details you need for that:
Name: Rachel Knight
Phone: 01275 750207
Physical address: Nimble Osteopathy, 6 Alexandra Road, (The Wellbeing Studio), Clevedon, BS21 7QE
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Name of cookie: _ga
Type: First Party
Purpose: Differentiation of users within the framework of Google Analytics.
Storage time: 2 years
Name of cookie: _gat
Type: First Party
Purpose: Anonymous analysis of user behaviour on our websites for improving our offer.
Storage time: 10 minutes
Name of cookie: wfvt_XXXXXXX, wordfence_verifiedHuman
Type: First Party
Purpose: For administrating the contents of our websites we use the web application WordPress. The cookie wfvt_(followed by an individual number) is used for analysing user behaviour on our websites to improve our offer. The cookie wordfence_verifiedHuman is used for the security of the website offer.
Storage time: 30 minutes, 24 hours
Name of cookie:
Type: First Party
Purpose: Saves users confirmation concerning cookies information.
Storage time: 30 days
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Nimble Osteopathy the confidentiality of your information is paramount to us. Unless required to do so by Law, we will not otherwise share, or distribute any of the information that you provide us with, without your prior consent. We will also not sell any of your information. Personal and identifiable information will not be shared with any third parties, without your prior written confirmation.
As is important in any health and wellbeing service, we will at times ask you about your health and medical conditions. All our treatment information and records are stored securely and remain confidential. To ensure that you receive the best care possible there may be times that we consult with or refer you to other practitioners which may require the sharing of information. This will only be undertaken with your permission. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Nimble Osteopathy, 6 Alexandra Road, The Wellbeing Studio, Clevedon BS21 7QE. In accordance with the new GDPR law, we will require 2 forms of identification prior to release of your data.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.